February is Heart Month
As we celebrate the month of the Heart, we’d like to share some valuable information from the American College of Cardiology and The Cleveland Clinic:
- For both men and women, the chances of experiencing heart disease increases with age. In fact, heart disease is the number onemedical condition in older adults.
- After age 75, high blood pressure is the most frequent heart condition.
- Other common cardiac diagnoses include heart failure, atrial fibrillation and coronary artery disease.
- Because older adults often have other chronic health conditions in addition to heart disease, their cardiac care needs to be different.
- For example: age related changes in the kidneys and liver can impact how medications affect the body
- The takeaway – be sure all your health care providers are fully aware of all your medical conditions. That way, your care can be coordinated to make it as effective and safe as possible.
We here at Country Meadows Village, in conjunction with Infinity Rehab, want to see you thrive and live an intentional life at CMV. Which is why we are such huge supporters of your overall well being with our Wellness program, on-site physical therapy, organic farm-to-table dining, and much, much more.
Call in today or stop by to hear about our programs and how they can give you back the life you want.
Contact Tami Randel at (503) 982-2221Leave a reply